We are recruiting
The Bank is seeking to recruit a ‘Technical Specialist – Infrastructure’ to join its Information Technology Unit. If you are interested in joining the Bank’s team and satisfy the requirements outlined hereunder, then we are interested in you.
Who we are
We are a leading financial institution and a key player in the Maltese market. Employing a team of more than 200 officials, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Key responsibilities are:
- Perform daily Core Business Systems operations including and not limited to the bank’s end of day process during evening and Saturday schedules;
- Provide general IT support within established times for all desktop systems (hardware and software) and support other IT teams in their ongoing analysis of help-desk requests, with an aim at introducing efficiencies and fine-tuning processes;
- Perform daily infrastructure operations by maintaining hardware, operating and business software systems in good operational order;
- Support operations in the Bank’s Data Centres in line with maintenance and security requirements;
- Support the administration of the Bank’s network and systems. This includes but is not limited to the creation, maintenance and removal of users’ accounts, user access rights and using Microsoft Active Directory;
- Provide on-site support to several BNF Bank remote sites;
- Perform the necessary backups and restore operations as well as other disaster recovery operations;
- Perform routine checks on the various Bank systems (networks, hardware and software) and maintaining appropriate records of such checks;
- Share technical knowledge and methods of resolution with your colleagues;
- Educate business end users on making effective use of their technological tools (hardware and software) to speed up problem resolution, whilst keeping abreast with new technology;
- Maintain an updated document of the IT asset register; and
- Establish a good working relationship with the IT team and in particular with the IT Security team so as to maintain a high level of security throughout the Bank’s IT Infrastructure.
Competencies and experience
The potential candidate should be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach.
- Possess an MCAST or university degree in a related ICT area, ideally with specialisation in the networking stream;
- Have a minimum of 2 years working experience in an IT support role preferably in the Financial Services sector;
- Possess or is pursuing a Microsoft Window Server 2012 (or later) certification;
- Hold a Cisco CCNA certification or is currently training for it;
- Be knowledgeable and/or have work experience in any of the following technologies:
- Microsoft System Center Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Virtualisation technologies such as Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare;
- Be flexible and willing to learn banking processes and systems;
- Have a basic understanding of the banking sector;
- Be logical in your approach to work;
- Communicate effectively, interact confidently with your colleagues from different units and departments and have excellent listening skills;
- Be a team player; and
- Be meticulous in your work and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
BNF Bank PLC – KMP-41505