Bioscint Engineering Ltd is a medical engineering firm which specializes in the provision of medical and scientific equipment and technical support. With offices inside the Malta Life Sciences Park and laboratories inside Saint James Hospital, it provides a fast-paced and exciting environment for those interested in working closely with medical and scientific technology.
We are presently looking to recruit an Operations Executive to join our growing team. The Operations Executive reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible to plan and, coordinate the processes for acquisition and logistical importation / export of goods, preparation of quotes, accepting orders and organizing deliveries of goods, and acting as first-line support for customers.
The main responsibilities would include:
- Researching and seeking quotations for the acquisition of goods and supplies.
- Assisting the Sales team with back-office preparation of quotations.
- Logistical coordination of importation and export of equipment and goods.
- Accepting orders from clients, and subsequently preparing invoices and delivery notes.
- Coordinating with the Delivery team, to ensure goods are delivered to customers in a timely and organized manner.
- Assisting colleagues with stock taking, stock keeping and inventory orders, as well as issuing forecasts where necessary to suppliers.
- Assisting colleagues with general bookkeeping duties.
- Acting as the first line of support for customers, to assist them to resolve user-related (non-technical) issues.
- Organizing and scheduling technical appointments with the Technical team for customer visits in case of technical issues.
- Additional administrative duties are determined by the company from time to time.
The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- Preferably (but not a must) have a scientific background (for example A’ level in Biology / Chemistry or better).
- Preferably have 1 – 2 years experience in similar roles.
- Be highly organized and methodical.
- Have good interpersonal skills to communicate with healthcare professionals and clients.
- Have a good command of the English and Maltese languages, and have the ability to prepare reports and presentations.
- Be patient and self-motivated.
- Be confident and persistent.
- Be computer literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Possess a clean and valid driving license.
Bioscint Engineering Ltd – KMP-77673