We need a talented Data Scientist with the technical skills and creative curiosity to explore and solve complex business problems.
What we do
Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd holds an investment service license in Malta that operates via the award-winning platform, Binary.com. Founded in 1999, Binary.com has over one million amazing clients around the globe.
Who we are
A vibrant and progressive team that thrives on:
- High personal integrity
- Cultural and gender diversity
Who we’re looking for
You should be passionate about:
- Focusing on customer’s needs in everything that you do.
- Approaching even the smallest task with an open mind and learning new skills.
- Constant, open and honest communication.
- Fixing problems and providing feedback for improvement.
- Doing great work and inspiring others to do the same.
- Being in touch with the latest tools and technology related to your role.
- Solving complex business problems using data-driven techniques.
- Converting data into actionable insights that contribute to business strategies.
We need you to:
- Conduct full lifecycle analysis that include requirements, activities, and design.
- Ask the right questions to identify potential problems to be solved, the scope involved and the availability of relevant data.
- Use data governance tools to ensure data is accurate and consistent for effective analysis.
- Convert raw data into an easy-to-understand format for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Translate data into consumable information and assist in making data-driven decisions across departments.
- Develop and implement databases; collect, design, process, analyse, and present data in a meaningful way.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with members of different teams across the organisation.
You must have:
- Experience with reporting packages, SQL, programming (Python/R) and ETL frameworks.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, decision trees, neural networks, clustering, etc.
- Experience with statistical and data mining techniques like GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, text mining, social media analysis, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to transform data into optimal business decisions.
- A strong background in statistics, mathematics or engineering.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to present data using various tools to help the team to make informed business decisions.
If you have the following, it’s a plus:
- Experience in data visualisation
- Experience in cybersecurity and data protection
- Experience with MDX query language
Perks and benefits
You will enjoy:
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Flexi hours
- Travel and internet allowances
This role is based at our headquarters in Msida (Malta).
Binary Investments (Europe) – KMP-41548