Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd is seeking a talented and detail-oriented Compliance & Payments Analyst. You will monitor, analyse, and conduct various checks on client accounts and deposits to mitigate potential risks from fraud and money laundering.
Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd holds an investment service license in Malta that operates via the award-winning platform, Binary.com.
Launched in 2000, Binary.com is one of the oldest and most respected names in the industry. The Binary.com platform allows you to trade synthetic indices, currencies, stocks, indices, and commodities.
Binary.com is a vibrant and progressive company that blends the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the profitability and stability of a long-running business.
We make every effort to foster a culture that values collaboration, individuality, and creativity.
We care deeply about cultural and gender diversity, and we go to great lengths to foster a supportive, caring environment within a flat organisational structure.
We value staff with a sense of fun and adventure, who are optimistic, and customer focused. Above all, you must agree with our strong emphasis on business integrity.
Your skills and motivations
You must be able to multitask and have a problem-solving mindset. We work with complex regulations and processes every day. You should have a curious mind, be able to think on your feet, and have the talent to seamlessly digest new information.
You are smart, driven, and proactive. You thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment, and approach even the smallest task with an open mind. You are very particular about details, and you possess keen analytical skills.
Most importantly, you value the importance of constant, open, and honest communication.
We are looking for someone who loves to:
- Plan, create, and optimise processes for greater organisational efficiency
- Analyse complex procedures and regulations, and identify areas for improvement
- Interact and communicate with people, both internal and external stakeholders alike
- Do great work, and inspires people around them to do the same
- Get things done in a no-nonsense manner
- Work without bureaucracy and hierarchy
- Learn and improve, day in and day out
To excel in this role, it’s ideal for you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce or any business-related field, IT-related field or criminology
- Good understanding of the link between payments functionality, as well as money laundering and fraud prevention
- Aptitude for working in an international environment
- Ability to acquire knowledge of varied AML matters in a multitude of international jurisdictions
- Proactive approach in problem-solving and solution delivery
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of payment transaction analysis, in particular e-wallets / cryptocurrencies will be considered an advantage
You are responsible for mitigating the risks and abuse that we face from fraud and money laundering. To accomplish this, you must monitor, analyse, and conduct various anti-fraud and AML checks on client accounts and deposits. You will join us in Malta and report to our Head of Payments.
- Monitor fraud and money laundering patterns in deposit and withdrawal behaviour
- Work closely with the Head of Payments to proactively suggest improvements to cashier setup, including customer activity from an AML and anti-fraud perspective and overall fraud and payment performances (card success rates, chargebacks, etc.)
- Work closely with customer support, compliance, and payment teams
- Support the payments team in certain daily analysis where needed
- Approve e-wallet payouts and withdrawal rules
- Coordinate with payment system service providers in offering cryptocurrencies and digital wallets as a payment method
- Research new payment systems that are available in the market
Remuneration and benefits
This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits.
You will enjoy a casual dress code, normal office hours (Monday to Friday, flexible, no night shifts), travel and internet allowances.
This role is based at our headquarters in Msida.
Binary Limited – KMP-41146