We are the Quality Assurance (QA) team at Binary.com. For us, testing is only a means to an end. Our real goal is to help create quality products to make our users happy. We work across teams through all phases of the product development life cycle. Our superpower is to detect a problem before others have thought of it. We protect the business while reducing the cost of the whole development process.
Founded in 1999, Binary.com is a pioneer in online trading. We enable our customers to trade in the world’s financial markets. Focused on customer-centric solutions, we aspire to be the world’s leading online trading service provider.
A career at Binary.com offers you the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing organisation that’s at the cutting edge of online trading technology.
About the role
As our Software Tester, you will engage in quality control throughout the product development lifecycle of all our products, services and systems. You will help come up with test plans and ensure their execution on each stage, from planning until release. We process over a million transactions per day, and we need you to help deliver the best version of every product, fully optimised, free from bugs, and polished for client utilisation.
- Perform high-quality automated and manual tests on the Binary.com website, applications, backend infrastructure, and related systems.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the QA and IT teams to create, design, and run several types of testing based on different objectives.
- Integrate various types of testing into our existing workflows, both internal and external.
- Ensure the integrity of releases by coordinating testing procedures and activities.
- Track and keep a detailed record of every bug that you discover.
- Identify, document, and investigate issues reported by our clients and the Client Support team.
- Replicate reported issues and work with our IT teams to find the root cause, understand the problem, and help come up with solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent combination of technical education, training, and work experience
- Ability to write high-quality, self-documenting code using test-driven development techniques
- Minimum of two years experience in a software or web application testing role
- Experience in designing and executing test plans (both automated and manual)
- Experience with agile development methods such as Scrum or Kanban
- Passion for Linux and other open-source platforms
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience with Postgres or another RDBMS
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages, such as Python, PHP, C/C++, or Perl (preferred)
Perks and benefits
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Travel and internet allowances
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Work permit and relocation for your family (if applicable)
Binary (Europe) Ltd – KMP-47860