BigMat is looking for a Marketing Manager who will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to promote a company’s products or services.
If you have a strong background in Marketing and E-commerce and have experience within the retail (and preferably within the Home Improvement and DY sectors), we would like to hear from you.
- Develop strategies and tactics to increase brand awareness, increase market share, drive footfall and online traffic and reach sales targets.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution. Campaigns must align with the store’s overall business goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather information and content for campaigns.
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay-per-click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, and performance analysis.
- Manage the store’s online presence. Produce valuable and engaging content for campaigns deployed on various channels like social media and website blogs that attract and convert our target groups.
- Build strategic relationships and partners with key industry players, influencers and agencies to expand brand reach and co-promote products.
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget and allocate funds wisely.
- Liaise with marketing agencies for the creation of content whilst overseeing and approving marketing material before being published. Ensure brand consistency in all communication.
- Lead a team of marketers to develop and implement campaigns and achieve results.
- Manage event and activities organization, planning and coordination by liaising with store partners and suppliers.
- Ensure that in-store displays and signage align with marketing campaigns. Collaborate with visual merchandisers in setting up displays and store staff for installation of signage.
- Monitor store layout and design to optimize customer flow and enhance the shopping experience.
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
- Analyse consumer behaviour and adjust advertising campaigns accordingly.
Compatibility with the company’s values
- Possesses an aptitude towards creating a safe environment for himself and others.
- Be able to commit and provide quality to his / her line of work.
- Strive to create a customer-driven approach.
- Believe that teamwork makes work more efficient and leads to better productivity.
- Show respect and integrity at the workplace and be able to work in a team.
- Believe that continuous professional development is the key to continuing growth within the company and keen to attend training as required.
- Cultivate a strong understanding of key social and environmental issues.
Education and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Proven experience in marketing, preferably within a retail or consumer goods environment.
- Driving licence B is required.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions. Analyse online analytic tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics and others.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of retail trends and consumer behaviour.
- Commercial and business awareness and budget management skills.
- Knowledge of different media channels and how they operate e.g. TV, radio, press and internet.
- Proficiency in digital media (social media marketing, content management systems, email marketing builders and bulk senders).
- Design skills and knowledge of design tools like Photoshop and Illustrator (where applicable).
- Great organization skills with proven ability to manage projects, adhering to short and long-term goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and preferably Maltese)
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and fulfil these through various tools.
- A passion for quality and excellence in service. Having an eye for detail is a must.
- Proven leadership qualities and ability to motivate a team to achieve targets and objectives. Willingness to collaborate with all departments.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure in a hectic environment.
Physical requirements / working conditions
- This role may require occasional weekend or evening work during special events or promotions.
- Frequent communication and coordination with other departments, including sales, merchandising, and customer service.
BigMat (Attard Bros Building Supplies) – KMP-84890