A vacancy has arisen for the post of Accounts Executive within BigMat reporting to the Financial Controller. The selected candidate will be mainly required to provide the most efficient, reliable and timely service in support to the smooth running of the Finance department.
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- General accounting duties, processing of purchasing invoices, suppliers’ payments preparations, inventory transactions and reconciliations.
- Assign expenses to appropriate cost centres including coding and checking of approved invoices
- Carry out bank reconciliations
- Prepare periodical reports as requested to assist in the analysis of accounts
- Assistance in the preparation of management accounts and VAT return
- Liaise courteously with customers, clients, suppliers, creditors, external auditors and other stakeholders as necessary
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Work is carried out in office environment liaising with retail outlet and warehouse environment.
- Full time job with occasional extra hours.
Education & Licenses Required
- Have at least an A’ level qualification in accounts or equivalent
- Preference given to advance studies in finance subjects
- Competent in operating Microsoft office; Word, Excel and Outlook
Knowledge / Skills / Qualities / Tools & Equipment Used In This Position
- Preferably similar experience within Finance department
- Have excellent communication skills
- Familiar with MS Office and an accounting software
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
BigMat (Attard Bros Building Supplies) – KMP-44748