You could be the one we are looking for!
be.HOTEL is a 277-roomed four star hotel and forms part of the Bay Street Group. The property is affiliated to the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Group.
Following a multi-million euro refurbishment, we are seeking to strengthen our team by engaging a proactive, committed and a suitably qualified individual, reporting directly to the Sales & Marketing Manager, in the following position on full time basis working during the week and on Saturday’s.
As the Reservations Clerk, you can make the difference between a booking being won or lost, so your job is very essential.
You will handle requests from guests who want to make a room reservation, so you will need to understand the rate strategy, be thorough in recording the booking and be quick to spot an opportunity to upsell.
Some Key responsibilities:
- Answering and monitoring all correspondence including incoming telephone and e-mail inquiries
- Checking availability and entering reservations in the Hotel reservation system
- Ensuring a constantly updated Hotel reservations system with proper guest allocations
- Ensuring that proper sales techniques and strategies are used in order to maximise room revenues
- Corresponding with Tour Operators and other 3rd parties regarding special requests for rooms and rates
- Ensuring that Front Office personnel are aware of current room rates
As such, you;
- Are undoubtedly a dedicated professional in the hotel industry, with years of experience and have impressive time management and organisational skills
- You impress people by your telephone and communication skills
- Have a strong and committed positive attitude towards the business of the hotel
- Are ideally fluent in Maltese, English and Italian, computer literate, ideally on the brilliant PMS and in possession of a friendly but professional work ethic
Be.Hotel – KMP-41601