The ideal candidate will be responsible for all website-related duties including uploading new products, pulling out orders, invoicing, and packaging. Keeping updated blogs and news posts, creating weekly newsletters, organising logistics for deliveries and communicating with customers. Handling our social media marketing by creating engaging posts and replying to customers.
Reporting to the Directors and General Manager. Liaising with Receivables Clerk regarding financial issues; liaising with Sales Manager about marketing; liaising with Inventory Clerk and Storekeepers about new products.
- Upload and maintain all products as detailed and as efficiently as possible on e-commerce website.
- Maintain up-sell, cross-sell and related items on the website as necessary to maximise sales.
- Maintain Facebook and other online social sites with regular posts about new products and other material being promoted.
- Composing and sending the weekly electronic newsletter.
- Pulling out, invoicing, packaging, and following up online orders.
- Organising logistics for our several delivery methods, updating the website with their statuses and following up on orders.
- Handling all orders including back-orders, requests and complaints pertaining to the e-commerce website and social media platforms in a timely manner.
Requirements / Working Conditions
- Duties require one to work in different settings, including in an office environment and on the shop floor.
- Previous experience in social media marketing and operating an online shop is ideal.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Maltese are required to communicate with customers and post to online social media and other marketing-related sites.
- On-the-job training is offered by the employer.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be fluent in both Maltese and English.
- Must be good at spelling.
- Knowledge of basic photography combined with that of Photoshop or a basic photo editor will be considered an asset.
- Must function well with minimum supervision and even under pressure.
- Must be a detail-oriented individual with good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of WordPress and WooCommerce will be considered an asset.
BDL Ltd – KMP-62503