Bank of Valletta p.l.c. is currently seeking to recruit a Senior Manager – Financial Performance and Analysis to join its Business Finance unit.
The selected applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Financial and Performance Reporting
- Ensures that adequate management information systems are in place, with the objective of maintaining an accurate flow of regular, granular, and relevant financial and non-financial information
- Owns collection, transformation, analysis, distribution, and visualization of MIS finance data for the group
- Handles MIS reporting cycle within the reporting calendar with the production of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reports / dashboards / KPIs with various levels of granularity
- Efficiently handles a large amount of data (including extraction, cleansing, analytics, and presentation)
- Co-ordinates performance analysis, consolidations, and reporting of outputs as required
- Ongoing enhancement of cost management reports providing accountable executives with clear spend visibility to enhance budgetary control capability
- Implement processes and controls to ensure accuracy in the financial performance and analysis reporting unit
- Implement and maintain business intelligence tools and dashboard reports to drive performance of the Group, business pillars, units, channels, product margins, channel optimisation and customer profitability
- Analyse the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with a particular focus on areas affected by profit and loss, identifying the cause of any unexpected variances
- Challenge deviation and always be forward-thinking about improvements
- Develop financial models and ad hoc reporting as and when requested
- Timely follow-up resolution of queries raised by management
- Maintain up-to-date internal policies and procedures applicable to the Group’s MIS reporting models, including but not limited to cost allocations, channel profitability, revenue sharing concept, and others
- Accountable for identifying opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of decision-support analysis processes and practices
- Assist the external auditors and other regulatory authorities as required
- Assist the Finance department in any other ad hoc duties
- Team Management
- Effectively lead and manage the performance of a team of multi-disciplined individuals, including objective setting, mentoring, and ensuring team members’ continuous professional evolution
- Planning and assignment of daily duties, ad hoc project engagement
- Facilitates collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic Initiatives and Projects
- Participating actively in discussions and activities related to the enhancement of business performance through various value-based reporting initiatives
- Reviewing and updating relevant policies and procedures pertaining to the Finance department considering a broad perspective of strategic changes and initiatives
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of the relevant system and data models and aiding the decision-making process by providing timely and accurate information to relevant stakeholders
- Promoting best-practice and transformation by eradicating legacies to the best extent possible and facilitating operational efficiency and effectiveness, exploiting system functionality
- Liaising with other units and external consultants on various strategic initiatives
- Providing active support on design, testing, migration and implementation of relevant core and finance systems
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar role within a financial institution
- In possession of an MQF level 6 in business management and/or financial services, preferably in possession of a qualification at MQF level 7 in business-related studies
- A sound IT aptitude
- Cooperation, support and empowerment
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
Interested candidates are requested to send us a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including the vacancy title in the subject. Applications are to be received by email by no later than 02 December 2022.
Following your application for employment, the Bank shall process information provided by you solely in order to process your application.
If your application is unsuccessful, the Bank may keep your personal data on file for a period up to six months post the time when the post applied for was filled. Your information will only be used to identify any future employment opportunities within the Bank of Valletta Group for which you may be suited.
You are free to withdraw your application and your consent to the retention of your personal data, at any time. For further information, please read our privacy notice which can be found on our website here.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence. Late applications, received by post or any other manner, will not be considered.
Bank of Valletta p.l.c. – KMP-77517