Bank of Valletta p.l.c. is seeking to recruit a Manager for Custody Oversight of UCITS portfolios within its Investment Operations and Custody Services unit.
The selected applicant will be responsible for:
- Devising plans to carry out oversight duties on the UCITS portfolios held under custody by the Bank in line with regulatory requirements imposed by the MFSA on Custodian Banks.
- Devising plans to carry out monitoring of UCITS ManCo and fund administrators entrusted in managing and administering UCITS portfolios held under the custody of the Bank.
- Ensuring that obligations under MFSA part BIV custodian rules and the custodian of collective investment schemes regulations are properly enacted within BOV’s operational framework and pillars
- Identifying regulatory obligations imposed on the custody function of the Bank and ensure that effective controls are in place in conjunction with the designated risk correspondent.
- Ensuring automation of compliance results outputs with the highest degree of precision through the Bank’s dedicated oversights systems, including any intervention required from time to time to calibrate rule configuration on such systems.
- The updating and maintenance of all procedures related to the Custodian’s oversight function for UCITS portfolios.
- Reporting to Head of Division on a daily basis, and participation in escalation of serious matters to the Bank’s senior management, risk and / or compliance divisions.
Preference will be given to applicants having previous experience (through employment or the provision of legal or professional advice or otherwise) in the custody / depositary sector, particularly those having worked or relevantly exposed to the compliance function within such sectors.
Ideal candidates should preferably be in a possession of an MQF level 6 qualification or higher in banking, finance business or risk coupled with previous proven experience within investment operations.
Selected candidates will be offered a remuneration package in line with their skills, experience and qualifications. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to attend an interview.
Applications will be acknowledged and treated in strictest confidence. Late applications, received by post or in any other manner, will not be considered.
Following your application for employment, the Bank shall process information provided by you solely in order to process your application.
If your application is unsuccessful, the Bank may keep your personal data on file for a period up to six months post the time when the post applied for was filled. Your information will only be used to identify any future employment opportunities within the Bank of Valletta Group for which you may be suited.
You are free to withdraw your application and your consent to the retention of your personal data, at any time. For further information, please read our privacy notice which can be found here.
Bank of Valletta p.l.c. – KMP-66740