Bank of Valletta p.l.c. is seeking to recruit a Global Custodian for Global Custody Oversight within its Investment Operations and Custody Services unit.
The selected applicant will be responsible for:
- Continuous monitoring and assessment of the Bank’s Global Custodian/s with respect to the tasks delegated to them, including but not limited to the Global Custodian/s sub-custody networks (and the due diligence they carry in sourcing and selecting out on such sub-custodians), operational framework (including safeguarding and segregation of assets), business continuity and other risk mitigation techniques such as data protection, cybersecurity, know your client governance and system performance.
- Prepare self-assessment questionnaires to be distributed to Global Custodian Banks as part of the ongoing monitoring programme.
- Identify key changes in the global custody network and formulate precise action points to mitigate risks to clients.
- Identify key regulatory changes that are likely to impinge on the function of the Bank’s assets servicing division.
- Handle due diligence requests ensuring that the Bank is in line with the Global Custodian’s requirements as stated and within stipulated timeframes.
- Monitor the multiple touchpoints of BOV’s operations with Global Custodian to settlement efficiency statistics to ensure compliance with CSDR.
- Coordinate an annual on-site review at the Global Custodian premises in collaboration and assistance of the Bank Compliance unit.
- Monitoring daily bulletin news feeds from Global Custodian and take action where appropriate.
- Vetting costs and invoices related to the Bank’s operations with Global Custodian banks.
- Reporting to Head of Division on a daily basis, and participation in the escalation of serious matters to the Bank’s senior management, risk and/or compliance divisions.
Preference will be given to applicants having previous experience (through employment or the provision of legal or professional advice or otherwise) in the custody / depositary sector, particularly those having worked or relevantly exposed to the compliance function within such sectors.
Ideally, the candidate should be in possession of an MQF level 6 qualification or higher in banking, finance, business or risk coupled with previous proven experience in custody services.
Selected candidates will be offered a remuneration package in line with their skills, experience and qualifications. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to attend an interview.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence. Late applications, received by post or in any other manner, will not be considered.
Following your application for employment, the Bank shall process information provided by you solely in order to process your application.
If your application is unsuccessful, the Bank may keep your personal data on file for a period up to six months post the time when the post applied for was filled. Your information will only be used to identify any future employment opportunities within the Bank of Valletta Group for which you may be suited.
You are free to withdraw your application and your consent to the retention of your personal data, at any time. For further information, please read our privacy notice which can be found here.
Bank of Valletta p.l.c. – KMP-66741