We are looking for a professional and passionate Sous Chef to join our casual barbeque-based restaurant that will be based in Sliema.
Wage varies depending on experience and capabilities and is offered at Eur 25,000 – 30,000 per annum.
The ideal candidate should be focused, consistent and very passionate about the culinary industry.
- Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations
- Follow the guidance of the chef and have input in new ways of presentation or dishes
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.)
- Put effort into optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality
- Prepare menus in collaboration with colleagues
- To work closely with the Head Chef on the implementation of food control procedures
- Ensure that all perishable items are in perfect condition, taking preventive action against loss whenever necessary
- To solve any issues in your section and report to Head Chef in charge
- Adhering to standard recipes, methods of preparation and presentation, as indicated by theChef
- Be familiar with the menu, namely with the ingredients, portion size and method of cooking of each item
- Constantly check prepared food for taste, temperature and visual appeal
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene
Qualifications and Assets:
- Ability to work a grill
- At least 3 years of experience working in a similar position
- Ability to work a variable shift pattern
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
Must have a valid working permit and be based in Malta.
AZAR – KMP-74496