As a result of our continuous growth, our company is looking for an energetic person who is seeking to develop his career in a manufacturing environment and fulfil his potential as a Cost Controller within our Production unit. The successful candidate will need to have a hands-on approach and report to the Unit Financial Controller.
This position within the Production unit also involves the compilation and computation of analysis and performance-related reports and performing routine reconciliations within the Finance department of the Production Unit.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Work in conjunction with all department heads to ensure maximum profitability.
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections.
- Assess all product costings and continuously update data to ensure accurate stock valuations.
- Develop and implement internal control procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness of all work across Departments.
- Continuously test policies and procedures to ensure adherence to and report on findings.
- Develop and propose proactive solutions and cost reduction measures in order to maximise profits.
Physical requirements / working conditions
- Work in an office environment. Liaising with other Departments within the unit and within other units is imperative.
- Working hours are those associated with full-time employment with occasional extra hours.
Education and licenses required
- The ideal candidate must possess a suitable qualification or in the final stages of acquiring one as well as a number of years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment encompassing knowledge of standard costing will be considered as an asset.
Knowledge / skills / qualities / tools and equipment used in this position
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- An excellent understanding of costings.
- Proficiency in mathematics.
- A methodical and meticulous approach with an aptitude for data.
- Able to generate reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Capable of building productive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Hands-on with a can-do attitude as well as creative thinking skills.
- Analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately.
Attard Brothers Group of Companies – KMP-66674