We are currently seeking a Recruitment, Training and Development Officer to join our team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Receive vacancies from the Manager and discuss the characteristics required such as qualifications, skills, experience, and warrants / licences to do / review job description and profile.
- Place advert/s using different media / contact recruiting agencies local and abroad.
- Match job seekers with vacancies.
- Contact prospective candidates and discuss current job opportunities.
- Request references and conduct background checks on candidates if necessary.
- Organise and participate in interviewing and selection panels if required.
- Evaluate candidates for the Job also using personal profile models.
- Create short lists of candidates and recommend the candidate/s to the manager.
- Follow-up with candidates and manager after the interviewing process.
- Issue invoice for services provided (where applicable).
- Maintain a good working relationship with recruiting agencies and jobseekers.
- Liaise with the marketing teams on employer branding.
- Ensure that candidate data is kept up to date.
- Ensure that personal data provided by jobseekers and recruiting companies is safely stored.
- Recruit only motivated and competent employees.
- Place appropriate targeted adverts.
- Create well designed interview process.
- Create, maintain, and improve initiatives to prolong valuable employment.
- Develop a methodical and organised attitude to the initiatives not only to design them but also communicate them throughout the company and monitor their effectiveness in future programs.
- Design job descriptions and profiles.
Training and Development
- Assess training needs by conducting training needs analysis and consulting with Managers and other staff.
- Plan and develop training content according to employee needs and organisational requirements.
- Coordinate and schedule training programmes.
- Coordinate the delivery of training programmes including induction programmes for new employees and skills training workshop.
- Oversee training progress.
- Ensure consistency and quality in training delivery.
- Conduct training evaluation and modify training content if required.
- Liaise and collaborate with external training providers / contractors if required.
- Keep up to date with the latest research on workplace learning and training.
- Apply for training funding.
Level of Education Standard and Experience Required
- Experience working in a similar field.
- Strong communication skills in English.
Compatibility with the Company’s Values
- Possess an aptitude towards creating a safe environment to himself and others.
- Be able to commit and provide quality to his / her line of work.
- Strive to create a customer-driven approach.
- Believe that teamwork makes work more efficient and leads to better productivity.
- Show respect and integrity at the workplace and able to work in a team.
- Believe that continuous professional development is the key to continue growing within the Company and keen to attend training as required.
- Cultivate a strong understanding of key social and environmental issues.
- Leadership / Management.
- People management and supervisory skills to supervise a team.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Time management and multitasking skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A methodical approach to work, A sense of initiative, accuracy, assertiveness, attention to detail, business acumen, diligence, efficiency, flexibility, proactive and energetic attitude.
Technical (Specific to the Job)
- An understanding of different industries and requirements.
- The ability to understand the needs of clients (company and jobseeker).
- Knowledge of employment legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of the procedures involved in employing non-EU nationals.
- Knowledge of different recruitment techniques.
- The ability to use social media for recruitment purposes.
- An understanding of psychometrics assessment and the ability to administer psychometric tests.
- Fluent with MS Office applications (Word, Excel).
Health and Safety
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures.
Attard Brothers Group of Companies – KMP-78998