As a result of our continuous growth, our company is looking for an energetic person who is seeking to develop his career in a manufacturing environment and fulfil his potential as a Cost Controller within our Production unit. The successful candidate will need to have a hands-on approach and report to the Unit Financial Controller.
This position within the Production Unit also involves the compilation and computation of analysis and performance-related reports and performing routine reconciliations within the Finance department of the Production unit.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Work in conjunction with all department heads to ensure maximum profitability.
- Continuously test theoretical consumptions of materials to actual and investigate variances.
- Assess all product costings and continuously update data to ensure accurate stock valuations.
- Follow pre-set internal control procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness of all work across Departments.
- Continuously test approved policies and procedures to ensure adherence to and report on findings.
- Assess samples of incoming invoices for goods and services to ensure best prices in line with approved policies.
- Measure, assess and report on Departmental efficiencies against budgets and targets.
Physical requirements / working conditions
- Work in an office environment. Liaising with other Departments within the Unit and within other units is imperative.
- Working hours are those associated with full-time employment.
Education and licenses required
- The ideal candidate would ideally be pursuing a suitable qualification or possess relevant work experience in a similar position. of acquiring one as well as a number of years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment encompassing knowledge of standard costing will be considered as an asset.
Knowledge / skills / qualities / tools and equipment used in this position
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- A basic understanding of costings.
- A good level of mathematics.
- A methodical and meticulous approach with an aptitude for data.
- Able to generate reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Capable of building productive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Hands-on with a can-do attitude as well as creative thinking skills.
- Analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Attard Brothers Group of Companies – KMP-66673