As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for a Finance Officer. The successful candidate will be performing day to day finance operations and will be working in a team within the Finance Department.
This position within the Production Unit involves the establishment and assessment of internal controls procedures of the units, compilation and computation of analysis and performance related reports, and perform routine reconciliations within the Finance department of the Production unit
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal control procedures and introducing new controls when appropriate.
- Collate, prepare and interpret routine financial and operational reconciliation and reports and present them to management in line with specific deadlines.
- Developing and reviewing policies and procedures manuals for the Finance department.
- Reconciliation of work related to the Finance department and recording transactions accordingly.
- Develop financial management tools to minimise financial risk for the company.
- Handling and maintaining inter-company transactions and reconciliations.
- Handling and maintaining supplier reconciliations.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports requested by management and discuss financial concepts whilst interpreting the impact of accounting decisions on the company.
- Keep abreast with relevant changes in international accounting standards, best practices and applicable regulations.
- Setting up and analysing of KPI’s on a periodical basis.
- Support to the team in other work such as, but not limited to, audit, annual reports, implementation of new modules and best practices etc.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Work in an office environment.
- Working hours are 40 hours a week.
Education & Licenses Required
- Previous experience in an Accounting department or in an internal audit function within the manufacturing industry would be considered as an asset, although not a must.
- The ideal candidate must be an ACCA (association of chartered certified accountants) student.
Knowledge / skills / qualities / tools & equipment used in this position
- An understanding of the industry (production of quality construction materials) the organisation is operating in.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Knowledge of financial reporting and accounting standards and regulations.
- Proficiency in Mathematics.
- A methodical and meticulous approach.
- The ability to clearly and coherently explain financial information to clients or management.
- Good organisational skills.
- Capable of building productive relationships with colleagues.
- Hands on with can do attitude.
- Analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Business acumen.
Attard Brothers Group of Companies – KMP-50636