Asset V is a niche yacht management company. We are presently looking for a Yacht Accountant to join the team in Malta and take responsibility for all financial functions for a fleet of yachts and owning companies.
Likely candidates will have appropriate experience, knowledge and understanding of the yachting industry. Excellent communications required to liaise confidently and professionally with colleagues, clients, captains and crew. Experience in a similar role would be ideal.
This is a full time, permanent position with shore-based salary appropriate to qualifications and experience.
- Handle daily processing of invoices and payments received for multiple yachts.
- Monitor operating and credit/debit card accounts; maintain accurate and current account balances. Reconciliation of accounts at end of month.
- Preparation and reporting of detailed monthly financials in various currencies.
- Coordinate all captain and crew employment procedures; assist with crew selection verify documents, coordinate employment contracts, insurance and travel logistics.
- Work in conjunction with crew manager for monthly payroll and payment of payroll liabilities / taxes.
- Prepare, discuss and produce budgets when required (reviewed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis). Statutory declarations as required, i.e. VAT quarterly reporting as required, etc.
- Maintain ship and company documents, keep certificates and records on file and up-to-date, upload and download accounts, photos, forms and certificates.
- Assist with operational duties and liaise with suppliers and external service providers as required.
- Preparation of funding requests to yacht owner companies.
- General filing and ad hoc meetings / duties.
Qualifications & Experience
Accounting qualifications are preferred, but bookkeeping experience is crucial for day to day cash accounting. The minimum requirement is 3 years working as bookkeeper/ accountant performing the following functions:
- Processing general ledger transactions – sales, expenses, debtors, creditors and cash, including multi-currency bank reconciliations.
- The production of annual budgets, variance analysis and comparisons to actual results. Preparation of monthly financial accounts, review and analysis compared to budget.
- Familiarity with VAT requirements and compliance.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and be on call after office hours are may be required.
- Skilled in Excel at intermediate to advanced level is essential.
Above average IT skills required, including Microsoft Office Suite. English is the base language, but good knowledge of Italian is also required.
Asset V – KMP-50085