The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer – SDET is directly involved in the promotion of a quality culture. As a member of the QA automation team, this individual will be expected to develop automated testing functions based on manual testing efforts, as well as testing of APIs and integration points. He / she will also assist in the implementation of tools to help run, control and monitor automated testing including CI / CD pipelines.
The successful candidate will be part of an integrated team of QA, Dev and DevOps individuals. We are looking for an individual who has a comprehensive knowledge of automated development practices and tools and will be able to provide strategic direction on the future of automated testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management, Business Analysts, Developers and Solutions Architects to gain a thorough understanding of solution requirements.
- Build and execute automated and manual tests and suites.
- Design and implement automated test capabilities and maintain existing automation.
- Make recommendations about how to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the testing activities and processes.
- Work with geographically distributed teams.
- Provide training and instruction on testing and test automation processes and technologies.
Skills and Requirements:
- Senior-level test professional, being self-managing, requiring minimal supervision and quick to pick up new skills.
- Strong communication skills with a pragmatic and proactive attitude.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality with a passion for automated testing.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and an ability to come up with simple solutions to complex problems. The ideal candidate must possess an inherent investigative nature.
- Strong technical and analytical background – the ability to understand, expand and improve the automated tests as well as contribute to the ongoing integration delivery of initiatives is a strong plus.
- Ability to independently develop overall test strategies; implement new tools, practices and processes, and monitor existing systems.
Knowledge and skills:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (BSc) or applicable experience.
- Good level of spoken and written English.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in Quality Engineering, Functional and Automated Testing.
- Experience working within financial institutions.
- Experience with working in an agile environment.
- Experienced with testing Web Services, APIs, backend validation and application-based solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycles and software process management.
Arringo Ltd – KMP-59291