A multi-functional role has arisen within the AquaBioTech Group for a candidate to provide a variety of supporting and leadership activities within the Marketing and Business Development department. The responsibilities of the selected candidate are focused on the marketing, branding and communications actions that the company is engaged in, as well as supporting certain business development activities.
Synopsis of the position offered
A position within the AquaBioTech Group has arisen for a suitably qualified person to work within Business Development and Marketing department.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate are defined as follows:
- Develop and implement the strategy and related tactics to raise the profile of the company across its communication channels, website and offline channels;
- Ability to develop and implement marketing and communication plans that are in line with the company’s activities and strategy;
- Oversee and compile the preparation of specific and customized marketing material, in various forms, for each of the respective departments of the company and ensure that all marketing carries the corporate brand with continuity;
- Planning and organising the participation of the company in international scientific conferences, events and exhibitions, with the brand and objectives in mind;
- Maintain and improve the company presence on social media and all digital communication channels;
- Monitor performance on online platforms through analytical software, and tailor strategy accordingly;
- Planning and organising the company’s participation in CSR activities and education / training activities;
- Support the various development teams in the preparation of international tenders and commercial offers ensuring the corporate branding is consistently applied;
- Support in the preparation of award submissions and participation in competitions;
- Assist the Business Development Director with additionally required tasks.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills:
- Strong communication skills, in the spoken and written word;
- Ability to utilize different types of social media platforms and leverage them to benefit the company image;
- Ability to communicate scientific messages to different audiences, and synthesize this information based on the needs of the company;
- Eye for detail and ability to provide feedback on graphic and creative content;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Strong analytical skills, being able to think creatively whilst understanding the business and the company wholly;
- Excellent project management skills. Demonstrated ability to handle and implement new concepts quickly;
- A creative and proactive approach to problem-solving;
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft World™, Excel™, PowerPoint™ and Outlook.
Reporting directly to the Business Development Director, the position is demanding, requiring a person who is highly motivated and self-organised. The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head office in Malta, but also with our staff based in other countries.
A successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in either marketing, business administration, economics or related areas, and ideally a M.Sc. in one of the fields. Experience (internships included) working in the field is required.
The selected candidate will have to speak and write English fluently and have solid capabilities within the Microsoft package. In addition, the candidate must be able to work under tight deadlines, have a sense of urgency and a commitment to the timely completion of projects, pay attention to details along with a commitment to quality and confidentiality, as well as being able to work within a multicultural team.
Effective communication skills and problem-solving abilities are required. Knowledge within basic HTML web coding and / or CMS systems, Graphic Design (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Adobe packages is preferred but not essential. International working experience and customer relationship management (CRM) experience is also welcomed.
The selected candidate must have a clear passport with no travel restrictions, no legal convictions held at any time and must be in possession of a clean driving licence.
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package if required.
AquaBioTech Group – KMP-59910