A position within AquaBioTech Group has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced person to work as a Human Resource and Recruitment Specialist and oversee the daily operations and development of the Human Resources department. The role is demanding and requires the candidate to be resilient but flexible and able to handle constant change without losing composure, positivity, and drive.
The candidate should be a clear and concise communicator, fluent in written and spoken English, while also able to take the time to listen and understand challenges that employees face.
Synopsis of the position offered
The responsibilities of the selected candidate are divided into a number of different areas of work, although briefly described as being involved in the daily operations and development of the company’s human resources department as well as overseeing the international recruitment process of the company.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Coordinating with department managers to identify staffing requirements well in advance of their immediate need.
- Quickly identify difficult job vacancies, investigate the best recruitment approach and develop and implement strategies for each of them.
- Create job postings and other material on the company’s careers page, social media, job boards and push the profile of the company.
- Updating of job requirements and descriptions for all positions in the company as the workflow and projects evolve.
- Source potential candidates from various channels and help develop our profile and brand online so as to maximise the attractiveness of the company as an employer.
- Screen incoming CVs and application forms, following up with departmental managers.
- Maintain a complex inventory of CVs in compliance with all GDPR requirements.
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, provision of FAQ guides, online and in-person assessments, background checks etc.
- Send job offer emails and answer queries about compensation and benefits.
- Organise, streamline, and oversee the onboarding process for new hires.
This position is demanding, requiring a person who is highly motivated, self-organised and resilient, but flexible and able to handle constant change without losing composure, positivity, and drive. The candidate will need to be diligent and firm, with a strong sense of ethics while dealing with sensitive / confidential personal information.
The individual must possess a strong sense of self and the ability to make decisions and then take the required action; be prepared to work in isolated and in multi-functional projects in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head office in Malta, but also with our staff based in other countries.
A successful candidate is likely to have a solid background in Human Resources, with proven experience in talent acquisition or similar roles with at least a B.Sc. in human resources, business administration or another relevant field; and have at least two (2) years’ experience in a similar role, ideally with a company that also has a multi-national.
The selected candidate must be fluent in English (spoken and written) and ideally Maltese, but not essential. The selected candidate must have a clear passport with no travel restrictions, no legal convictions held at any time and are in possession of a clean driving licence.
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package if required.
AquaBioTech Group – KMP-63667