Apex is looking for a Compliance Associate to work in our Malta office. Reporting to the Head of Compliance the role will assist with the maintenance of a robust corporate governance and compliance structure.
The main duties are:
- Supporting senior staff in monitoring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assist the Head of Compliance in maintaining and developing the compliance function and the relevant polices and procedures, including but not exclusively AML procedures.
- Assist in carrying out the compliance reviews in line with the compliance monitoring programme adopted by the company.
- Maintain the compliance regulatory calendar up to do date and follow up in relation to the regulatory deadlines.
- Assist in the upkeep of internal regulatory registers.
- Assist in the on boarding and on going monitoring of clients.
- Assist the team in the data analysis and in the preparation of the business risk assessments.
- Support senior members as required.
- Any other day-to-day administrative duties as may be required by the team / company.
The qualifications, experience and skills required for this position are:
- An industry relevant degree (preferable but not essential).
- Knowledge and understanding of AML/CTF laws and regulations.
- An ability to work to and meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
- An understanding of the funds industry would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- An ability to work in a team and also on own initiative.
Apex Fund Services (Malta) Limited – KMP-50748