Apex Fund Services, Sliema (Malta) Limited is one of the world’s largest independent fund administration companies with $45 billion of assets under administration, 33 offices and over 500 employees across the globe. Apex is unique in its ability to reach globally, service locally and provide cross-jurisdictional solutions and best practice. Apex continues to launch new products and is expanding into new territories to provide local services to its clients.
Due to continued expansion of the Malta office, our Finance department is actively seeking to recruit an Accounts Payable Executive to join the team.
The Accounts Payable Executive will play an important role in the efficient operation of the group companies by maintaining proper financial records and assisting with the overall operation of the Finance department. He/she will be responsible for the processing of invoices, managing the payment of invoices, accounting for prepayments and accruals, general ledger analysis and other ad hoc duties as required from time to time.
- Reviewing and verifying invoices.
- Sorting, coding and matching invoices before setting them up for payment.
- Preparation and processing of electronic transfers and payments.
- Maintenance / creation of vendor files.
- Liaising with clients.
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure invoices / expenses are processed through the system in a timely manner.
- Assisting with any queries regarding the invoicing system.
- Assisting with the set-up of new users / workflows on the invoicing system.
- Assisting with the integration of new entities on the invoicing system.
- Ensuring the correct supporting documentation is available for audits.
- Carrying out bank reconciliations.
- Managing any necessary prepayments / accruals.
- Maintaining fixed asset register.
- Maintaining accurate and complete general ledger and accounts payable records.
- Managing monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information.
- Compiling, analysing, and reporting financial information.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested from time to time by management.
- A’ level standard or equivalent.
- An ability to work to and meet agreed deadlines.
- Good planning, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with both internal and external parties.
- Competence in Excel and accounting packages.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
Apex Fund Services (Malta) Limited – KMP-50747