Due to the continued growth of the group and the centralisation of the finance function for the European offices in Malta, our Finance department is actively seeking to recruit an Accounts Payable Manager to join the team. The manager will be responsible to form a new accounts payable (AP) function within the European Finance team. He/she will lead the hiring, training, and support of AP staff members. The manager will ensure that the AP function operates smoothly, provides accurate and complete output whilst adhering to the internal policies and procedures. The role involves the setup and documenting of the said new policies and procedures. He/she will also serve as a liaison between the AP function and external parties but will also be communicating with other group regional Finance teams, he/she will report to the Finance Manager locally.
- Overseeing routine function activities to ensure that they are completed accurately and on a timely manner.
- Maintaining accurate and complete general ledger and AP records.
- Managing monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information.
- Compiling, analysing, and reporting financial information to management.
- Developing, implementing and documenting policies and procedures and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Hiring, training, motivating, and evaluating AP staff members.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees and related third parties.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested from time to time by management.
- A University degree in accountancy or equivalent / ACCA completed.
- A general flair towards IT and the automation function.
- An ability to work to and meet agreed deadlines.
- Good planning, organisational and problem-solving skills / can do attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with both internal and external parties.
- Competence in Excel and accounting packages.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role will be considered an asset.
Apex Fund Services (Malta) Limited – KMP-50744