Due to the continued expansion of the Malta office, the finance department is actively seeking to recruit an Accounts Executive to join the team. The accounts executive will be responsible for assisting on a number of entities within the group and support the finance department on managing daily tasks. S/he and will work within the European finance team but will be also communicating with other regional finance teams. The accounts executive will report to the finance manager locally.
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
- Preparation and processing of journal entries
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Assistance on monthly accruals and prepayments
- Assistance in maintaining fixed asset registers
- Assistance in cash flows and related analysis
- Issuing of client invoices, assistance in maintaining accounts receivables and revenue related matters
- Assistance in the accounts payable process
- Assistance in the monthly payroll process
- Assistance in the month end process leading to the submission of accurate monthly management accounts in a timely manner
- Assisting the finance team with the monthly analysis of variances
- Assistance with the preparation of periodic VAT returns
- Assistance with the periodic regulatory submissions to various regulators
- Assistance in the preparation of financial statements
- Assistance with the annual audits and liaising with auditors
- Assisting the finance team with any ad-hoc requests
- Good understanding and well-versed in accounting principles and concepts
- Accountancy related qualifications would be considered an asset
- Accountancy degrees are not a requirement
- Work comfortably with numbers and great attention to detail
- An ability to work to and meet agreed deadlines
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Competence in Excel, general IT and accounting packages
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in audit would be ideal, but not necessary
What you will get in return:
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Working with a strong and dynamic finance team
- Training and development opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
Apex Fund Services (Malta) Limited – KMP-54447