The HR Officer ensures a high-quality employee experience across the American University of Malta through the smooth and effective delivery of the HR services.
The main duties and responsibilities of the HR Officer include:
- Carrying out day-to-day HR duties and tasks ensuring efficiency and service excellence.
- Preparing and maintaining employment records for all employees both on the department’s database and the payroll system.
- Producing and maintaining HR documents such as personnel files, HR policies, procedures and templates.
- Supporting and advising Faculty and Administration departments on any HR matters including on any changes that have an employee impact.
- Responsible for the payroll process including timely and accurate submission of returns to IRD.
- Producing and generating MI such as in relation to Reward and Performance Management.
- Assisting and guiding employees requiring a residence or work permit throughout the process including interaction with ID Malta.
- Responsible for the completion of work permit process including timely renewal of any exiting permits.
- Recruitment, onboarding, performance management and other HR processes.
- Handling queries and acting as point of reference for employees on HR matters.
- Interaction with Jobsplus, IRD, Social Services department and other entities.
Experience and requirements:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as HR Officer or similar role.
- Experience of running payroll.
- Experience with the local Work and residence permit process.
- Familiar with local employment legislation and requirements.
- Strong team player with a high sense of initiative.
- Able to work without supervision
- Flexible and positive with a can-do attitude
- Preferably in possession or studying towards obtaining an HR qualification
American University of Malta – KMP-51965