The primary objective of this role is to oversee the Mechanical resource team to ensure the availability of qualified personnel at the right time to execute the required tasks. The ideal candidate must possess excellent people skills and be proficient in setting and communicating performance objectives and standards. The ability to assess individual performance against goals and provide constructive feedback is essential.
The successful candidate should have a keen awareness of team dynamics, including the strengths and weaknesses of team members and their interrelationships. The candidate must be capable of resolving conflicts and supporting team morale, thus ensuring effective collaboration.
Managing limited resources against dynamic demand requires the ability to plan for the short, mid, and long-term. The candidate should be able to anticipate future needs, creating resource plans that align with both strategic and tactical priorities, and ensuring that resources are used most effectively.
The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with team members, leveraging their skills and talents to deliver maximum value to the organization. This requires an ability to set priorities, develop capabilities, and proactively work with individuals and teams to develop skills. Effective communication and consistent messaging of strategic and tactical priorities are essential in this role.
Overall, the successful candidate should be committed to ensuring that the organization has the right people, with the right skills, at the right time, and is adept at using these resources to their fullest potential.
Together with the technical resource team must:
- Devote adequate time to recruit and select qualified personnel that will contribute towards project success.
- Coordinate training programs for new hires to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out their assigned tasks.
- Oversee resource planning and allocation, including that of subcontractors.
- Participate in performance review programs and assist other managers in performance appraisals.
- Develop training programs for staff members and ensure the delivery of training in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure compliance with employment-related standards and legislation relating to health and safety and employee rights.
- Be responsible for the professional development and well-being of staff members.
- Support direct reports in achieving their commitments by reviewing their plans and routinely tracking their progress.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports and provide constructive feedback to help them improve.
- Provide career counselling and development opportunities to team members, including training and job opportunities.
- Serve as a conduit for company communication by disseminating information to direct reports and putting a face on the corporation with which the direct reports can communicate.
- Enforce company policies and practices, including ensuring compliance with legal issues relating to products and services, workplace safety, and contractor relationships.
- Verify time sheets and ensure timely delivery to stakeholders.
- Coordinate the preparation and delivery of special equipment and tools.
- Conduct stock takes of tools and ensure that subordinates are fully equipped to carry out their jobs in the most efficient manner.
- Collaborate with the Fleet Manager to ensure the company vehicles are well-maintained, and any changes in the fleet are tracked.
- Assist and guide project leaders in preparing and communicating tasks to subordinates.
- Continuously provide employees with constructive feedback, including addressing poor performers.
- Participate in conflict resolution and take necessary steps to resolve conflicts as quickly as possible.
- Knowledge and experience in the service field.
- Preferably MQF Level 5 diploma or MQF Level 4 certificate in mechanical subjects.
- Preferably fluent in both in the English and Maltese languages.
- A valid license to drive in Malta.
- Preference will be given to individuals doing a similar role within the industry.
Remuneration package will be commensurate with the right experience and qualifications including private health insurance and company vehicle.
Alberta Fire & Security Equipment Ltd – KMP-85235