The HR and Payroll Administrator is a crucial member of the Payroll department, responsible for supporting the Payroll Manager in processing payroll accurately and on time for all employees within the Group of Companies. This role involves assisting in data entry, record keeping, and resolving employee enquiries related to payroll matters. The HR and Payroll Administrator will collaborate closely with the HR department and work in tandem with the Payroll Manager to ensure smooth and efficient payroll operations.
Data Entry and Verification:
- Assist in accurately entering and updating employee data in the payroll system, including personal information, salary adjustments, benefits, and deductions.
- Verify time and attendance records to ensure accurate calculations of wages and salaries.
Payroll Processing Support:
- Support the Payroll Manager in processing payroll, including calculating wages, overtime, bonuses, and commissions.
- Assist in ensuring that payroll transactions are processed accurately and on time.
Employee Enquiries and Issue Resolution:
- Respond to employee inquiries related to payroll, taxes, deductions, and benefits in a professional and timely manner.
- Escalate complex payroll issues to the Payroll Manager for resolution.
Handling Sick Leave and Injury Leave:
- Handling sick call-ins and instances of injury leave, recording entries, commissioning company doctors and issuing required documentation where required.
Record Keeping and Documentation:
- Maintain organized and confidential payroll-related records, including pay stubs, tax forms, and other payroll-related documents.
- Ensure compliance with data retention policies.
- Assist in handling employee health insurance schemes and annual renewals.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Assist in preparing payroll-related tax filings and other required documentation.
- Support the Payroll Manager in generating payroll reports for management and financial analysis.
Payroll Systems Support:
- Utilize payroll software and HRIS systems to process and manage payroll data.
- Collaborate with the IT department or vendors to address any technical issues related to payroll systems.
- Work closely with the Payroll Manager to ensure seamless coordination and distribution of workload.
- Collaborate with the HR department to reconcile employee data and resolve any discrepancies.
- Identify opportunities to improve payroll processes and contribute to process optimization initiatives.
- At least 3 years prior experience in payroll processing.
- In possession of a diploma or equivalent (some college coursework in Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred).
- Proficiency in using payroll software (ideally Shireburn) and HRIS systems (preferably Bamboo).
- Basic knowledge of payroll regulations, tax laws, and labour laws.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and recordkeeping.
- Able to communicate in both English and Maltese.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Organizational and time management abilities.
Alberta Fire & Security Equipment Ltd – KMP-86294