As a leading online trading provider, ALB offers major and exotic FX pairs, equity indices and commodity CFDs. We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant with excellent organisation skills to join our fast-growing team.
Overview of Role
The Senior Accountant will manage the Company’s finance department in generating financial statements, monitoring the financial performance of the business, cash flow and cash / capital requirements. The Senior Accountant will lead and coordinate the annual budget process with other departments and will oversee the processing of all relevant documentation needed for statutory audits.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established finance and accounting professional in possession of leadership skills, business experience, and intellect to drive a key department within an international and rapidly expanding online trading company.
- Preparation and management accounts using IFRS standards
- Preparation of statutory financial statements
- Preparation of operative financial and ad hoc reports
- Preparation of COREP reports
- Manage processes for financial forecasting and budgets
- Management of audit and tax matters
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the company
- Ensure that all relevant banking rules, regulations and requirements are adhered to at all times
- Provide executive management with the financial implications of existing and new regulations
- Ensure that timely and accurate financial recording is maintained, reconciled and reported to both internal and external stakeholders including the board of directors and regulators amongst others
- Assist in the process of the drawing up of company policies and procedures including those relating to compliance with AML regulations
- When required, assist the MLRO with AML on-going monitoring and tasks in order to ascertain that the Company’s Operations Department is compliant to AML Regulations as laid down by the FIAU particularly ensuring that customer due diligence (CDD) is carried out in line to the company’s AML manual prior to on-boarding new / prospective clients
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ensuring a sound relationship with all stakeholders, including regulatory authorities, external auditors, tax advisors and systems counterparties
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent analytical skills particularly in interpreting, using, analyzing and presenting data are essential.
- Excellent skills in Excel
- Holder of a university degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 5 year experience as accountant and/or auditor
- Conversant with IFRS accounting principles
- Work experience within the banking and/or finance sector
- Already PQ’d by the MFSA
ALB Limited – KMP-57416