AgriBank PLC is a licensed Maltese credit institution committed to offering a flexible service to corporate clients both locally and in other reputable jurisdictions. In view of growing business needs, we are currently looking for a professional individual to join our Operations team.
The Back Office Operations Team Lead will report to the Operations Manager and be responsible to ensure that the Backoffice Operations team is delivering its services accurately, efficiently and effectively. Day-to-day banking operations must be smooth, organised and operate under a clear operational framework that respects policies and procedures while remaining practical. The role will also be actively contributing to new and upcoming banking projects from brainstorming stage to the delivery stage.
- To organise the Back Office operations team and the respective day-to-day fieldwork, delegating work effectively and be a mentor to the team.
- Supervise the reconciliations of bank payments to each respective ‘Nostro’ account and ensure that discrepancies are actioned upon in a timely manner.
- To create customer profiles on the bank’s systems and maintain the Internet banking profiles of the bank’s customers.
- To control account creation and maintenance operations for all types of accounts supported by the bank.
- To ensure the data of the bank is accurate at all times on all relevant systems.
- To liaise with the Business Relations team, understand the new products being launched by the bank and implement these products in the bank’s systems.
- To write clear and concise procedures related to the area.
- Prepare reports as required internally or externally from time to time.
- To supervise and be a point-of-contact for third parties and vendors including other banks and financial partners, core-banking platform vendors and other vendors of systems and service providers used by the Backoffice Operations team.
- To ensure respect for existing controls, policies, and procedures and to design and recommend improvements.
- To handle escalated customer queries.
- Other ad-hoc assignments may be required by the bank from time to time.
Education, experience and competencies:
- Hold a relevant qualification at a degree level in banking, business or related fields.
- Possess at least 2 years of experience working in a similar position.
- Knowledge of Swift and Sepa payments is required.
- Knowledge of using the Oracle Flexcube Banking system will be considered an asset.
- Have strong leadership qualities.
- Must have an eye for detail.
- Be proactive, focused, highly organised and able to plan and meet deadlines.
Employees at AgriBank Plc benefit from a dynamic benefits package as well as forming part of an energetic, enthusiastic and dynamic team within a well-structured growing organization.
Agribank PLC – KMP-82290