External Call: SAPP/2022/04/EXT/A.
Jobsplus Permit Number: 175/2017.
Aġenzija Sapport invites applications for the posts of Social Workers on an indefinite contract basis. These positions are on a full-time basis, however, applications for part-time positions (minimum 20 hours per week) may be considered. Preference will be given to applicants who indicate full-time availability. The selected candidates may be deployed to any service offered by the Agency in accordance with its exigencies.
The role of the Social Worker within Aġenzija Sapport primarily entails social work intervention within the area of disability, directly with individuals with a disability and their primary caregivers. The role of the Social Worker is to carry out an initial assessment with the family, prepare care plans / action plans, and participate in case conferences / case reviews to ensure a holistic and integrated action.
The selected candidates will work to enhance the quality of life of persons with a disability through personalised support, receiving the necessary training so as to have expertise in the field and being an advocate for the service users. The Social Workers are expected to work directly with the service users so as to help them to fully participate in community life. The Social Worker are expected to work on their own initiative, under the guidance of the Agency’s management. Crisis intervention is also an essential part of this job.
The Social Workers will form part of a team and will receive supervision. The selected individuals will be accountable to the Leader of the service.
Applicants should be in possession of one of the following:
- Candidates who possess a Diploma (120 ECTs) or B.A. (Hons) Degree (180-240 ECTs) or a Masters (MSW) (90-120 ECTs) in Social Work will be considered for Grade 9.
- Candidates who possess a Diploma (120 ECTs) or B.A. (Hons) Degree (180-240 ECTs) in Social Work with two years proven experience in the field by means of a warrant will be considered for Grade 10.
- Candidates who possess either a Diploma (120 ECTs) or B.A. (Hons) Degree (180-240 ECTs) in Social Work with eight (8) years proven experience in the field, or who possess a Masters Degree (90-120 ECTs) in a relevant field of practice together with six (6) years proven experience in the field, shall be considered for Grade 11.
Candidates must be able to communicate in Maltese and English.
Candidates who are in their final year of studies will still be considered, provided that they submit evidence that they have been approved for the award of the qualifications in question, or successfully completed the necessary ECTS credits or equivalent, taken as part of a recognised MQF level programme of study, as required in the aforementioned eligibility criteria or higher, by the end of the current year. Such candidates will be offered a junior position until the official qualification is obtained.
Interested individuals are to submit the following documents by the closing date:
- Application form (which may be downloaded in the Apply section below);
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- Copies of the pertinent qualifications as indicated in the vacancy call;
- One (1) reference letter;
- Original certificate of police conduct collected within the last three (3) months prior to applying for this vacancy;
- Job history sheet from Jobsplus as official proof of work experience.
Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials. Applicants in possession of a foreign qualification/s are to produce with their application, a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA).
Agenzija Sapport – KMP-67975