Background of the company
Acceler8 Ltd (A8) is a privately owned venture builder focusing on commercializing research-based innovations born and developed in European Research Council (ERC), European Innovation Council (EIC) and European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT) funded research.
A8 will elevate the technology and business readiness level of the clients’ innovations, develop them towards relevant applications, carry out pertinent business validation, and productize the technologies into an offering that would be valuable either as a standalone business (e.g., start-up), or only for a handful of market players (e.g., through out-licensing).
A8 is a strategic R&D actor and business champion aiming at establishing joint ventures with the clients for which resourcing, and business opportunities are actively sought for.
Purpose of the position
The Communication Specialist is responsible for assisting the team in:
- Making A8 more integrated as part of the European innovation commercialisation ecosystem
- Initiating and deepening client relationships
- Carrying out project-related communication actions for the company and the clientele
The work includes researching potential clients and ecosystem players, creating content for publication / proposals / reports / online media / communication material, getting in contact with client prospects and ecosystem players.
A8 engages in a multitude of businesses and projects, which require a capability to keep the wheels turning on multiple fronts. We are looking for someone who is creative, has strong self-management skills and can handle a number of simultaneous assignments.
Responsibilities, duties, accountabilities
- Performing desktop research for a deep understanding of the target groups and finding details about them
- Initiating and maintaining discussion with the target segments
- Content creation for communication materials, such as email, online media, flyers, minutes, reports etc
Skills needed for this job
- Excellent written and oral communication in English (other languages an asset)
- C1 level of the Maltese language
- Excellent command of email communication practices
- Understanding of scientific communication requirements and document stylization
- Ability to work independently, remotely and as part of a team
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Motivated and persistent
- Excellent time management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Graphics design skills and digital marketing skills are considered an asset
- Experience in the following would be considered an asset
- Online and email communications
- In possession of first university degree
Will preferably work remotely.
- A unique position to gain a deep understanding of several business areas
- Relaxed working environment with flexibility
- Relatively independent role with very experienced colleagues
- Possibility to tailor the role based on personal development goals
- Possibility to advance to a Communication Manager position in a short time
- Employment will be on an indefinite contract
- Remuneration will be defined depending on experience
Acceler8 Limited – KMP-75755