Working in accordance with the policy and values of ABB Ltd, the Laboratory Technician will be responsible for sampling, testing and compiling reports for the construction products, mainly hot-mix asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Organise and schedule product testing and coordinate the different testing activities. Check that the allocated resources are adequate to carry out the work and meet the target deadlines. Control and report progress to the Quality Manager;
- Prepare test samples and document sample details;
- Conduct laboratory testing of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA), Aggregate, Bitumen and concrete, according to standard procedures;
- Record data and perform result analysis;
- Compile test reports;
- Develop new mix designs for HMA Follow up and analyse the progress of new mix designs, troubleshooting of any quality or technical issue;
- Maintain testing equipment and tools, updating the equipment maintenance register and scheduling equipment calibration;
- Organise and store referent material according to the safety in-house protocols and as per suppliers’ recommendations;
- Maintain clean and organised laboratory facilities;
- Follow the quality control plans and guidelines as assigned, and support the Quality Manager as necessary;
- Follow management directions for daily tasks meeting the expectations for each specific duty;
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed at all times;
- Ensure that all activities progress with the appropriate level of quality and as per schedule.
- A diploma in Construction Engineering or higher education is considered an asset;
- Experience as a Lab Technician or previous relevant experience in an equivalent position;
- 2 years minimum experience in a related field;
- Good written and communication skill in English;
- Must have or acquire basic computer skills;
- Aptitude for basic maths concepts;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good interpersonal skills.
ABB Ltd – KMP-67920