Are you passionate about the food and beverage industry but would like to avoid working on Sundays and public holidays?
We are searching for an experienced and energetic Barista to join our team on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, be passionate about the food and beverage industry and enjoys meeting with people. The Barista plays a key role in our team of food and beverage enthusiasts who are driven to provide excellent customer service. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a new local concept; that of an anti-café, while working in a cool and fun atmosphere where both customers and employees have a great experience that’s welcoming and engaging.
Barista & food handler responsibilities and duties
- Make and serve speciality coffee and tea beverages;
- Serving sandwiches, breads, salads, pasta and other light lunches on a daily basis;
- Speak and interact with both new and regular customers;
- Maintain a clean and sanitised work stations;
- Ensure that all areas of the space are kept clean and tidy;
- Follow health and safety guidelines;
- Adhere to recipes and presentations for food and beverage items;
- Be punctual and able to observe regular and consistent attendance;
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings;
- Contribute to a positive team environment;
- Handle receipts and payments, previous experience with ‘lightspeed restaurant’ would be considered an asset.
Barista & Food Handler qualifications and skills
- At least 1+ year in the food and beverage industry;
- 2+ years in the customer service industry;
- Credentials of food handling;
- Experience in basic food preparation such as breads, salads and pasta;
- Friendly, outgoing and dedicated to outstanding customer service;
- Tidy and self-disciplined;
- Detailed-oriented and passionate about product quality;
- Energetic and enthusiastic;
- Is able to speak a good level of English;
- Possess a valid work permit to work in Malta and a clean police conduct;
- Adheres to training and all safety, sanitation, and food and beverage serving requirements.
230 Works – KMP-47304