1926 Hotel and Spa is currently seeking passionate candidates on a part-time basis, who strive to deliver by providing an upscale guest experience.
The Reception team is the main information hub in this 170-room city hotel. Throughout the day and night, the team extends extraordinary service to our guests, providing information about the hotel and its services, giving directions to places of interest and ensuring a smooth guest experience.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident, service-oriented and very well-organised professional who portrays an image of efficiency. The selected individual will make every effort to meet guests’ needs and will ensure that all comments, requests and complaints are actioned promptly.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Welcoming guests in a warm and professional manner.
- Supporting guests and the operation by serving as the central information hub.
- Performing guest check-ins and check-outs.
- Processing payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit card.
- Coordinating with housekeeping to track the readiness of rooms for check-in.
- Providing guests with directions and information regarding our hotel and local areas of interest.
- Preparing daily reports from the PMS, identifying any special requests, and checking reports for accuracy.
- Completing designated cashier and closing reports in the system.
- Preparing and processing documents for the Accounts department.
The potential candidate will ideally possess the following skills and qualities
- Minimum of 1-2 years of proven work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Proficiency in German, French and / or Italian will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience using the Opera system will be considered an asset.
- A professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant qualifications would be considered an asset.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Positivity and a guest-centric approach.
- Team player.
- Flexibility to respond quickly and positively to a range of work situations.
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic.
- Patient and empathetic.
- Self-motivated and responsible.
- Flexible, punctual, organised and efficient.
- Availability to work flexible hours on a shift basis.
Roosendaal Hotels Ltd forms part of the Bortex Group of Companies. It operates 1926 Hotel & Spa, a 4-star hotel in Sliema and Palazzo Jean Parisot, an eight-suite Boutique Hotel in Valletta.
1926 Hotel & Spa – KMP-82309