Accounting | Taxation
Award in Overview of Tax Law
Throughout this unit, students will be introduced to the main pieces of legislation regulating taxation in Malta. Participants will be introduced to a number of basic principles which are commonly applied in many jurisdictions, whilst also analysing the relations and effects of fiscal law on other pieces of legislation.
Due importance will be given to the main laws covering the most important matters relating to tax in Malta, such as income tax, value added tax and other forms of indirect taxation, international taxation etc.
What you'll learn
At the end of the study programme, the learner will have been exposed to the following:
- The basic principles and features of Maltese and international tax law
- A wide knowledge of the various facets of existing tax law
- A practical look at the application of such laws in practice
- A basic look at the interplay between taxation and human rights
- Remedies available in the case of tax issues
- Authorities related to and responsible for fiscal administration and related issues
- The issues of cross-border taxation and agreements or accords between states to minimise and eradicate such issues
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in understanding the Maltese Tax Law, In-house lawyers, practising lawyers, auditors, accountants, law students and anyone working in the financial industry.
- Advanced level subjects at Grade C or better, and 3 Intermediate level subjects at Grade C or better. 1 of any of these subjects must be Maltese or English
- 3 Advanced level subjects at Grade C or better
- Mature / Adult learning student (must be at least 23 when the course starts) subject to an interview by the Head of the Academy.
Mode of assessment
Participants must complete 2 out of a choice of 4 assignment titles.
Founded in 2018, 21 Academy is committed to providing high-quality education to students from all backgrounds and walks of life. We offer a range of awards and undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs in various fields of study, including business, education, law, human resources management, and more. To date, all our study programmes have been locally designed and accredited in order to prepare our students for the specifics of the local and European markets. Our academic staff are professionals in their respective fields and are dedicated to providing students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen careers. They deliver the training on a part-time basis while at the same time gathering more experience practicing their profession. This helps to keep the training deliverables continuously updated.
Our institution is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community where students can learn from one another and engage in meaningful dialogue and debate. We promote this particularly among those students who only join us for our online courses